Chemical Procurement Specialist
Due to internal promotion, an innovative and constantly evolving biopharmaceutical manufacturing organisation based in Mayo is looking for a chemical procurement specialist to add to their team. This position reports directly to the Procurement Manager and is responsible for all inventory purchasing relating to the organisations main product lines.
This person will liaise with all business units to ensure that all supplies are effectively managed while maintaining the agreed budgetary requirements. This organisation nurtures and progresses their employees so you will be afforded the opportunity to work with all areas of the business in this role as well as the global procurement function.
- As Chemical Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for the procurement of all APIs and excipients.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that all materials are delivered on time and where necessary expedite orders to accommodate for the needs of the organisations well established customer base.
- The management of risks associated with chemicals will also be your responsibility as well as managing the disposal of short dated/expired chemical materials.
- You will be required to adhere to a set budget and approved supplier list and will purchase materials at or below standard costs by maximising opportunities for cost reduction.
- As a point of contact between global procurement and local your role is to ensure supplies are maintained and risk is mitigated.
- A keen communicator you will be qualified to Honours Degree level (level 8) in a science or supply chain related discipline.
- You will have over 2 years’ experience in a similar role within a highly regulated environment(preferably Pharma or Bio-Pharma).
- You will be comfortable dealing with all levels of personnel, including directors.
- To be considered for this opportunity you must have previous experience with both chemicals and the purchase of chemical raw materials.
With a competitive salary and bonus package this role will be well supported, as well as having the autonomy to work under your own initiative.
If you would like to hear any further details please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be happy to share a detailed role specification alongside all company information. You can call me, Katherine Connolly directly on +353 91 782113.
Salary: On Application