This organisation is part of a large international financial services group and is also one of Ireland’s leading companies in Financial Services. Due to unprecedented growth they currently require motivated Cobol/Mainframe developers to work in large platform migration projects and applications.
- Responsible for analysis, requirements gathering, design development, testing and documentation of enterprise application solutions for end clients (this is an internal role but delivering to end clients) using Cobol, SQL Server & Visual Studio.
- Key involvement of the migration of legacy Cobol/Mainframe applications and platforms to .NET platforms for key clients.
- Working within a large team, own projects for specific clients, acting as key liaison to ensure effective translation and implementation of the solution for the client.
- Manage and support the development, UAT and Pre-production environments ensuring all changes follow the highest standards and best practice.
- Provide training and mentoring to more junior staff members.
- You will have at least 5-10 year’s experience developing solutions in Cobol and ideally have some experience with Microsoft Visual Studio & SQL Server.
- You will have strong enterprise development experience, both batch and online and will have strong competency around requirements gathering and the management of end to end projects in previous roles.
- Experience in the Financial Sector is a particular advantage.
- You will be degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
This organisation is experiencing huge growth and expansion – Salary €55-65,000 plus excellent benefits.
To learn more apply online or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +353 1 6321864
Salary: €55000 - €65000
Location: Dublin City Centre