Director of software Developement
Our client is a leading developer of storage and cloud management software products. They provide solutions through hardware OEMs and system integrators to data centres who are seeking a flexible, scalable and resilient platform on which to build a storage, public cloud or private cloud service. Their core expertise is in software defined storage, which provides programmable and automated storage infrastructure, creating the perception of infinite flexibility in terms of scale and quality of service. Due to large scale growth, they are now looking to hire a Director of Software Development to join their team in Cork.
- Manage the software development team of 15 to deliver software features, enhancements and stay in a storage software leadership position.
- Establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources to deliver new products and product roadmap enhancements.
- Understand functional and non-functional requirements of the product roadmap.
- Develop and enhance the software development methodologies, tools and software development infrastructure.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management/leadership experience in a software development organization.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market.
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Linux and data storage technologies.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Competitive Salary
- Health care
To learn more apply online or contact Sarah on +353 214511194.
Salary: €95000 - €95000