Engineering Project Manager
My client is a leading operations management business, specialising in providing infrastructure, energy, environmental and safety services to three key transport hubs in Ireland. They concentrate their resources on fundamental operating functions such as health & safety, operating systems, technical support and facilities management. Having recently experienced exponential growth in both the size and scale of their business operations, they now require an Engineering Project Manager to better manage both existing and new client projects.
You will join a workforce of approximately 100 staff within the business, and manage an outsourced consulting team who have yet to be selected. You will be involved in a project that is the biggest undertaking from a risk and reward perspective that the business has ever planned, and will affect all 3 operational facilities.
The main emphasis of this role is to take lead of a large transformation project across 3 key operating sites for the organisation. You will manage multiple suppliers and contractors across various aspects of the assignment. A focus on planning and scheduling time-lines, tracking and monitoring delivery, and developing best practice across the project is crucial to your success in this role.
- Reporting into Senior Head of Projects you will oversee this project from a delivery and cost efficiency perspective.
- Tender management, supplier selection, establishing project milestones.
- Working as part of the projects team of two other PM’s, this role has responsibility over the operations delivery team which will include a large outsourced contract to a professional services operator.
- Schedule and coordinate project resources and monitor all associated activity.
- Create and manage customer contracts for all new and existing engagements.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators to measure each project, and report to senior leadership with regular progress updates.
- Establish an effective document management system to support the project plan.
- Identify and undertake internal and external communication requirements to promote the brand and project updates to the media as required.
- Develop a best practice programme strategy and work closely with the project team and internal stakeholders to implement change to the business.
- You must be Degree qualified with a Project Management Certification.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience within a consultancy or project lead position.
- You will be able to demonstrate the capability to deliver key projects in a busy environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Have a hands-on, collaborative approach to leadership and management.
- You will be an assertive communicator, well-organised and articulate.
- An effective delegator who can work well under pressure will stand out.
To learn more apply online or contact Aisling Clements on +353 1 6321883
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin North