Global Logistics Leader
This leading bio-pharmaceutical organisation are paving the way in cutting edge bio-pharmaceutical products with further products coming on stream in adition to their existing portfolio. Due to their growth, the organisation now requires a new Global Logistics Leader for their Cork facility to manage their complex logistics supply chain network, ensuring that ultimately patients receive their medication to the highest of regulated standards and on time whilst maximising cost reduction.
The Global Logistics Team Leader will manage the CMO & Supply team with specific responsibility for external operations. As the new Global Logistics Leader, you will:
- Lead a team of 3 Supply Chain specialists ensuring the team co-ordinates the movement of drugs and drug substance ready for packaging to a third party packaging distributor.
- Be responsible for the management of customer demand in conjunction with customer service with the objective of ensuring 100% order fulfilment while working to tight time lines.
- Have ownership and accountability for the day-to-day planning, execution activities and order-to-cash activities related to temperature controlled shipping and delivery between contract manufacturing operations, packaging sites, distribution centres and customers.
- Ensure excellent delivery from your team whilst guiding and coaching their development as a key performance indicator, aside from from fulfilment, is your team’s personal and technical development.
- Be a lean advocate and utilise your lean project management experience to drive operational efficiency and cost maximisation.
- Set the standard in distribution practices, processes, systems and related requirements for the Logistics team, 3PL partners and carriers.
- Have the opportunity to be a key project member in new product launches, working closely with Commercial Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Commercial Supply Chain, QA, Distribution Compliance and Finance.
The successful Global Logistics Leader will:
- Hold a Bachelors degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or similar (required).
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an international logistics environment with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in people management and coaching a team.
- Pharmaceutical/biotech distribution experience is highly desirable.
- Working with the highest of industry standards, you will work in a collaborative and fast paced working environment. You will feel challenged and motivated by the way in which the the company develops their portfolio, processes and people.
- An excellent remuneration package is on offer including full family health, DC pension, performance bonus.
Contact Ashling Edwards in HRM in confidence on +353214511191 for further details and a full job description or apply online.
Salary: €65000 - €80000
Location: Cork city