Global Logistics Planner
This Cork based company are global leaders in the Bio-pharmaceutical and Bio-medical industries and now require a Logistics Planner to join their expanding team. They specialise in the research, development and manufacturing of therapies for chronic and degenerative genetic conditions. They launched in 2002 and currently employ 3,000 globally with 180 employees based in Cork. They are a start-up, family orientated, team based organisation who are growing rapidly year on year. This role has arisen due to company expansion and the upcoming opening of a purpose built Production facility in 2016.
- Assume full responsibility to manage customer demands in conjunction with customer’s service and plan inventory levels to ensure 100% of orders are met on time.
- Coordinate the movement of temperature controlled freight to meet internal and external requirements.
- Develop and implement distribution SOP’s for 3PL partners, carriers and CMO’s.
- Plan and execute shipping and delivery between contract manufacturers, packing lines and customers.
- Manage transport temperature monitoring data collection and deviation management.
- A level 8 third level qualification as a minimum, preferably in science, engineering, supply chain or related.
- Cold Chain experience is essential.
- Experience working with freight forwarders, air/inland carriers, warehouse personnel and internal departments including QA, Regulatory, Technical Operations and others.
- Experience working within biotech or pharmaceutical industries would be an advantage.
- Proficient user of excel, PowerPoint and project software.
- Experience in Oracle or similar ERP systems required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in direct global logistics, including merging markets.
To learn more apply online or contact Aisling Horgan on +353 214511193
Salary: €55000 - €55000