Market Access & External Affairs Lead
A large global biopharmaceutical company, with their corporate HQ in Dublin, are looking for an experienced Market Access & External Affairs professional to lead the market access function in Ireland. The company are rapidly growing, with a number of significant acquisitions over the last few years and no signs of slowing down. The focus of the role will be Market Access for new launches in their rare diseases portfolio for the most part. They are looking for someone who has established relationships with key stakeholders in the industry already, for example with the HSE and all payer stakeholders.
The successful Market Access & External Affairs Lead will:
- Have responsibility for Market Access for all products in Ireland, focusing on funding and access for pipeline products in particular.
- Lead on all pricing negotiations for existing and upcoming products.
- Take the lead on tendering for all products – this is a key part of this role so previous experience is essential, along with an understanding of the challenges surrounding reimbursement.
- Work across business units to develop market access and pricing strategy, with HTA support from the UK team.
- Ensure Horizon Scanning is up-to-date, keeping abreast of all changes.
- Develop value demonstration tools such as budget impact and cost effectiveness tools.
- Educate the team in Ireland on the external environment and policy changes, keeping everyone up to date on what is happening government side, and how this will affect products.
- Build up relationships with key policymakers in Ireland, developing the Irish Public Affairs Strategy.
- Engage with government, HSE and other key stakeholders on key policy issues.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A degree in life sciences (essential), ideally along with an additional qualification in heath economics, policy, or similar.
- Demonstrated success in a senior Market Access role in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results driven and strategic, with an excellent ability to build up cross-functional relationships with stakeholders of all levels, internally and externally.
- Existing relationships with key stakeholders in the industry in Ireland, in particular in the HSE, and payer stakeholders.
- Flexibility to travel from time to time as there will be some back and forth to the UK or other international meetings – no more than 20% travel.
To learn more apply online or contact Aimee Ward on +353 1 632 1844
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin West