Marketing & Communications Manager
A national research centre based in Cork, this organisation is at the cutting edge of their core research areas. Subject matter spans across electronics and photonics, with the objective of delivering high impact through quality research. A unique opportunity has arisen for a Marketing professional to join their team at management level, working across Marketing, Communications & Media. You will report directly into the Commercial Director and have autonomy over marketing strategy and delivery. Your role will be to articulate their innovative results through understandable communications, in order to raise the profile of the organisation as a whole, and the individual researchers.
As the Marketing & Communications Manager you will;
- Create the overall brand strategy and corporate identity, and be responsible for delivery of this.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand very technical subject matter, and translate these into understandable communications suitable for use in all external communications and collateral.
- Liaise with the media to raise the organisation’s brand profile, and to ensure they get the opportunity to act as subject matter experts for relevant issues.
- Work with the managerial team and wider business development team to ensure all opportunities for growth are leveraged.
- Develop all marketing collateral, to be utilised as promotional materials in the external market.
- Keep an eye on opportunities for key events to attend, and manage the coordination of these.
To be successful as the Marketing & Communications Manager you will require;
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing, ideally with a technical background – for example in engineering, telecommunications or technology.
- A third level degree in marketing, or a related area.
- The ability to have full autonomy for the marketing strategy in a leading organisation.
- Proven success creating impactful marketing collateral that conveys complex information in a comprehensible way.
- An understanding of the Irish media landscape and how to build up key relationships with relevant contacts – if you already have these contacts, that will be a huge plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to spot opportunities for growth.
To learn more apply online or contact Aimee Ward on +353 1 632 1844
Salary: €65000 - €75000