An established medical device pioneer with large manufacturing operations in Ireland have a new requirement for an innovative packaging engineer to join their R&D team. The focus of this position is to design, develop and revolutionise packaging technologies for both existing and new products. Their broad and diverse portfolio currently includes cardiothoracic and cardiopulmonary products as well as coronary balloons and catheters. The company is headquartered in Dublin however this position will sit in their state of the art facility in Galway.
- Reporting into the Packaging Engineering Manager this role will work with an established team and focus on new product development and packaging solutions to support original projects.
- Manage technology transfers from a knowledge and process perspective.
- Validate packaging and qualify materials for procurement to deliver as required.
- Developing systems solutions and enhancements to improve productivity.
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a packaging role – sterile a distinct advantage – with a focus on inventing and transforming packaging techniques and reinventing the norm.
- Ability to lead meetings and liaise with cross-functional project teams.
- Excellent communication and project coordination skills.
- Highly motivated to progress with a passion for problem solving.
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements 00353 16321883.
Salary: €55000 - €60000