Our client is a successful food company based in Tipperary. Offering a range of fully cooked, high quality meat products, this client is a leader in the Irish market with a high international demand for their product. Currently supplying countries such as Germany, Sweden, Spain and potentially Korea. Due to this recent growth and continued success, they require a Packaging Technologist to join their team. The successful candidate will report directly to the NPD Manager whilst working closely with Quality, Sales and Marketing. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress their career quickly within the food industry.
- Act as an expert on site around packing materials and packing processes.
- Keep up to date with packing development by attending trade shows, market visits and following trends.
- Work closely and build solid relationships with the Sales Manager, Quality and Group Sales and Marketing Director.
- Consider cost savings and improvements to existing packaging materials and equipment.
- Identify any discrepancies in the current packaging departments and develop solutions and preventative processes to ensure compliance going forward.
- Work with supply partners to ensure that the product delivered meets customer requirements and business needs.
- This person must be Degree qualified – preferably within Engineering or Food Technology.
- 2-4 year’s experience in a similar position and industry.
- A proven track record of process improvement is highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to work well within a cross functional team.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools.
To learn more, apply online or contact Aisling Horgan on +353 21 451 1193
Salary: €35000 - €45000