Here lies one of Ireland’s leading Food manufacturers, serving over 3,000 customers on a monthly basis, they pride themselves on being experts in their field. Their priority is looking after their customer’s every time. This is done through consistent training and upskilling of staff to ensure the highest standard of service. They are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their team in Limerick. The successful candidate will need to be a great communicator with the ambition to lead a manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for managing a team of up to 18 operatives, whilst liaising cross functionally across the site with sales, transport, quality, and supervisors.
- Ensure that resources are available where needed through staff planning and team optimisation.
- Develop reporting structures to ensure that training needs are visible and performance management is consistent.
- Hold full responsibility for health and safety across the site.
- Fully utilise and harness Production and Maintenance teams through effective leadership and measuring performance against business targets.
- Lead and encourage cost reduction initiatives across the site to improve cost competitiveness of the manufacturing facility.
- A Technical qualification is essential, preferably in Engineering. A Technical Trade would also be considered.
- At least 3-5 year’s experience in a similar role is essential.
- Ability to introduce lean initiatives where possible.
- Experience working within a unionised environment is important.
- Strong leadership and people management skills are essential.
- DC Pension
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Free Parking
To learn more, apply online or contact Aisling Horgan on +353 21 451 1193
Salary: €45000 - €50000