R&D Project Engineer
This leading Medical Device organisation is seeking a Research and Development Project Engineer to support their growing site in Cork. The R&D Project Engineer will have responsible for Tech Transfers, NPI and existing product portfolio enhancements.
- Reporting to the Site Head of R&D you will work with skilled team of fourteen peers including Technicians, Tool Makers, and other R&D Engineers. You will plan, design, coordinate, validate, and implement high technology equipment, product and/or processes for the production, finishing and inspection of medical devices and delivery system products
- You will have the opportunity to instigate new projects which lead to site enhancements – including the transfer of new product, process and equipment technologies from R&D to Manufacturing Transfer Operations. You will be Project Lead for Design Transfer brought into the site
- You will also research potential novel products and process improvement for implementation into MTO as well as driving work with external research groups to explore opportunities for collaborative projects
- Based on the complexity of a project or based on where project is in development timelines, the Project Manager can be responsible for 1, 2 or more projects
- You will be accountable for developing realistic project budget forecasts in collaboration with Project Head and Project Manager
- Minimum: Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Physics or related discipline. Ideally you will hold a Masters/ PhD degree in. Engineering/ Physics or related discipline, though this not essential
- A minimum of 3 years plus professional experience in a Project Management R&D role is required with demonstrated GMP validation and change control experience
- Experience of working within a Medical Device organisation with high volume automated output is essential
- Has the ability to lead projects through influence and works well with others to bring them on their journey. Is ambitious to succeed and recognises input from all stakeholders involved
- You will have the opportunity to work with world class leaders, and reporting directly to the R&D Site Head means that you will have a high level of influence and exposure within the business. You will also be working with cutting edge technology where creativity is both commended and desired.
- A highly attractive package is on offer including full family healthcare, pension, bonus and career progression with early/lunchtime finish on Fridays.
For further details on this interesting permanent opportunity please contact Ashling Edwards on +353 21 451191 in confidence.
Salary: €50000 - €60000