My client is one of Ireland’s leading manufacturing organisations within the food sector. They currently seek an exceptional Buyer to join their retail division on a permanent basis. The appointed candidate will have a proven track record of success in a similar role within the retail industry.
- Manage a small team of purchasing administrators and report directly to the Head of Buying.
- Negotiate profitable agreements with new and existing suppliers and as well as developing and maintaining relationships.
- Monitor supplier performance, ensuring that business objectives are met in terms of quality, compliance, SLA’s and delivery.
- Participate in weekly management meetings and contribute new ideas to achieve common goals. Liaise with other departments to enhance overall company performance.
- Manage plans and budgets for stock levels and react quickly to changes in demand.
- Actively get involved with New Product Innovation across multiple product categories.
- A Degree in a relevant discipline such as, Business Studies, Procurement or Supply Chain would be preferable. A Diploma qualification may also be considered when coupled with significant experience in a similar role.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience is essential.
- Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills are essential.
To learn more, apply online or contact Aisling Horgan on +353 21 451 1193
Salary: €50000 - €60000