Senior Data Warehouse Developer
This organisation is a large global Financial Services with significant operations in Dublin. They are in the process of setting up an international Centre of Excellence in Technology/BI & Analytics.
Working within a technology team of 90, this organisation are building a brand new enterprise multi-terabyte Data Warehouse with the programme kicking off in the next 2 months. As Senior Developer you will be responsible for driving the design and development of a brand new Data Warehouse from the ETL side across areas of data governance, development, implementation, project leadership and delivery.
- Lead assessment and estimation activities on specified projects, providing solutions design, interfacing with Architecture & Infrastructure areas if required, providing technical oversight and control, to ensure successful delivery of requirements in conjunction with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Testers & the IT Delivery Manager
- Lead the data integration/ETL effort for a brand new enterprise level Greenfield data warehouse programme
- Collaborate with international peers to establish and implement world class standards across the full data integration programme in a brand new environment
- Working closely with the business to define reporting requirements and translate these requirements effectively from a development perspective
- Guide the team in terms of development delivery and quality of integration ensuring all deadlines are met to the highest possible standards
- Continuous evaluation of new technologies and methodologies in an Agile environment
- Work closely with senior managers across the business to deliver and advise on data integration strategy from both a business and technology perspective
- Manage communication and delivery with onshore and offshore vendors to ensure quality delivery of services to the programme and overall Centre of Excellence
- 80-90% of this role is focused on Data Integration/ETL & Enterprise BI Reporting, leading from a technical perspective with 10-20% focused on mentoring other developers in time
- Exposure across a range of technologies including Big Data, Advanced Analytics (R, SAS), SQL Server, Teradata & Informatica (ETL) you will work with a broad range of technologies and be comfortable and passionate about learning new technologies and skills
- 5 years’ experience in BI/Data Warehousing with at least 3-4 years in Data Integration/ETL in large enterprise environments. Ideally you will also have at least 1-2 years’ experience with various BI Tools
- You will play a key role in driving Data Governance, best practice and standards of quality and will be comfortable in leading on these decisions in a brand new Greenfield environment
- Project Lead (Onshore & Offshore) and Vendor Management experience is highly desirable
- You will have worked with a broad range of technologies, with strong SQL competency and exposure with several ETL tools if possible, Informatica preferred but not essential (SSIS, Informatica, Ab Initio etc.)
- You will thrive in a fast, flexible environment where your success is driven by your own initiative
- You will have excellent communication skills and have strong leadership qualities, as well as strong stakeholder management capability
This is a key role in a large global Data Warehouse programme with outstanding career growth opportunity for continued progression as the programme and division grows and evolves to deliver Data warehouse capabilities on an international scale. Salary: €65,000+ plus bonus & benefits
For more information please click on the link below or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +35316321864 for more information.
Salary: €60000 - €67000
Location: Dublin City Centre