Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong Senior Internal Auditor to support their growing business on permanent basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Senior Auditor role will be sitting in the Global Internal Audit Team based out of their head office in Dublin and will report to the Internal Audit Manager. You will be an integral part of the Global Internal Audit team which plays a valuable role in protecting and enhancing the organisation’s value through the provision of risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insights. The function is guided by a disciplined, collaborative approach that is aligned with company’s strategy and the IIA standards. The Senior Internal Auditor will participate in the execution of financial, operational, and compliance audits, both domestically and abroad and as such will involve some degree of international travel.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Assist the Global Internal Audit (GIA) management team in performing all aspects (planning, fieldwork, reporting) of internal audits of an assigned location, function, or 3rd party with the objective of identifying risks and evaluating the effectiveness of internal controls across multiple control domains (financial, operational, compliance, IT, etc.)
- Assess the efficiency of operations and compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and laws and regulations by developing and executing complex audit work programs
- Provide management with valuable recommendations and insights to strengthen the control environment
- Independently plan and execute SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404) testing of key financial cycles
- Coordinate work as necessary with our external financial auditors
- Assist in key departmental process improvement initiatives, including internal quality assurance, and assist with audit issue trend analysis and reporting
- Assist in special projects, including consulting on controls design and operation
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Audit Committee presentations
In order to be considered for this permanent Senior Internal Auditor role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with approx. 3 years of relevant experience within a “Big 4” practice firm focused on some of the larger multinational audit assignments or have experience in internal audit from within industry.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 3+ years’ post qualification experience and a detailed understanding of audit process and requirements
- You will have extensive understanding of audit (internal or external) within the pharmaceutical or similar industry
- You will have a deep understanding of SOX compliance and in particular of section 404 within the act
- You will have strong working knowledge of ERP systems and ideally SAP
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
- You will be comfortable with a reasonable level of international travel
What’s on offer:
- Opportunity to work in one of the leading multinationals within the Global Audit Team
- Huge potential for career progression into the senior leadership of a Blue Chip business
- Extremely rewarding remuneration and benefits package
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: €70000 - €70000
Location: Dublin City Centre