Senior Process Technologist
An expanding food manufacturing organisation are seeking an experienced Process Technologist to join their team within their manufacturing site based in the midlands. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious packaging professional.
- Reporting directly into the Technical Manager, this position will be responsible for driving efficiencies throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for implementing specifications and improvements of existing projects.
- Working closely with NPD and production departments in order to develop cost savings and improvements to existing packaging materials and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and identify any discrepancies that may exist within the current manufacturing departments and develop preventive solutions around deviations.
- Analysing and evaluating the performance of the plant in the field of process and packaging, in terms of quality, efficiency, reliability, savings and innovation.
- Acting as the expert on site for packaging improvement processes.
- Working closely with Sales and NPD in order to implement new packaging specifications in the plant.
- Training and developing supervisors, engineers and other relevant staff around process improvements using lean tools such as six sigma or TPM.
- Must be degree qualified, preferably from an Engineering, Technical, Packaging or Food Technology background.
- At least 3 years’ experience within a similar position with a focus on process improvement.
- Strong communication and people skills as well as problem solving capabilities.
- A knowledge of lean, TPM or six sigma is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools.
- Proven project management experience.
To learn more apply online or contact Ciaran McCaughey on +353 1 632 1830.
Salary: €45000 - €55000