Senior R&D Engineer
An established innovative medical device organisation with large manufacturing operations in Ireland have a new requirement for a Design Engineer to join their R&D team. The focus of this position is to design and develop innovative solutions to existing and present new products to the businesses product range. Their broad and diverse portfolio currently includes cardiothoracic and cardiopulmonary products as well as coronary balloons and catheters. This position will sit in the company’s state of the art facility in Galway.
- Reporting into the R&D Projects Manager this role will work with an established team and focus on new product development as well as review existing portfolio and recommend improvements
- Manage the design process from concept through to prototype build and commercial manufacturing.
- Coordinate key metrics during the design development phase
- Validate designs and track documentation in line with the regulatory standards and requirements
- Focus on cost reductions throughout the process
- Collaborate with other teams within the business to drive solutions and support customer requirements
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a research based design role within medical devices
- Ability to lead meetings and liaise with cross-functional project teams
- Excellent communication and project coordination skills
- Highly motivated to progress with a passion for problem solving
- €60,000 – €65,000
- Performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension scheme
- Subsidised canteen
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements 00353 16321883.
Salary: €60000 - €70000