Senior SQL Server DBA
This large international Financial Services company is a highly successful, well established operations across Europe. Based in the city centre and with over 500+ staff in Ireland there is huge growth across all areas of Technology due to continued growth and expansion of the company’s services and products in this space.
This environment is using the latest versions of the Microsoft stack (2012 & 2014), and working within an IT division of 100+ and a department of 15+ in Microsoft, you will own the full end to end management of a large enterprise database environment.
- You will manage the overall database architecture of the environment ensuring full database integration with the stack of Microsoft applications
- Managing an environment of 450 Servers & 600+ databases using the Microsoft stack, you will be heavily involved in Analysis Services, Integration Services, or Reporting Services and development using T-SQL
- You will manage Failover clustering and SAN replication in a high availability environment
- Design indexes for existing applications and ensure code is at the highest standards
- You will work closely with developers to ensure the most efficient database design and ensure the highest standards of database management
- Fine Tuning, Optimisation, Permissions, Partitioning, Enterprise Scheduling Management, Troubleshooting, Scripting, Monitoring & Re-Indexing
- You will have ownership and management of multiple major projects across the business leading architectural design and development of the database environment
- You will also manage the BI environment (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- You will have at least 7-9 years’ experience as a SQL Server Development DBA in large 300+ Server environments (preferably SQL Server 2008 & 2012/2014)
- You will have good experience with the full end of end database administration, and development of SQL Server environments with a focus on enterprise database architecture, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, fine tuning, optimisation, replication and clustering
- You will lead projects under your remit and lead
- You will have outstanding attention to detail and be passionate about working in a dedicated professional work environment
This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual looking to take on a key role in a growing team. Salary circa €70,000 plus excellent benefits.
For more information, please apply through the link below or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +353 1 6321864
Salary: €60000 - €70000
Location: Dublin City Centre