Team Lead – Cyber Security
Our client is a cyber security operation who are new to the Cork market. They have simplified security, delivering an award-winning advanced service tailored to mid-sized enterprise, which protects high-risk assets from advanced cyber threats that technology alone can miss, 24×7. While founded in 2001, they launched their managed security service in 2008 and have experienced rapid operational and geographic growth ever since.
Due to growth of operations in Cork, they are now looking for a Team Lead for their Security Operations Center.
- Prioritising incoming requests to ensure the timely completion of critical tasks and the escalation of time-sensitive issues.
- Tracking the off-board tasks of other team members on shift and provide guidance when needed.
- Actively monitor the incoming volume of security events being distributed to, and investigated by, analysts to ensure acceptable workload.
- Ensuring that all on-going tasks and issues are clearly and effectively communicated to the next shift.
- Driving team development by mentoring and establishing goals for both individuals and the team.
- Performing daily alert and process audits to identify and correct operational errors.
- Enforcing best practice standards, internal policies, procedures and goals issued by the Operations Manager.
- Working with the Operation Manager to drive efficiency gains.
- Helping to define and foster a culture of success in the SOC.
- Providing leadership, coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Ensuring consistency in responses and methods of investigation.
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Security or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum 3 years of experience in Information Security and/or other relevant IT functions.
- SSCP, CEH, CCNA, GSEC, OSCP, Network+, Security+ certifications are an asset.
- Have a Networking/Information Security/Forensics analysis background with the sense to recognise and prioritise critical security incidents.
- Have previous experience working in a Linux based environment.
- Have worked with third-party network and security solutions.
- Delegate responsibilities and tasks effectively.
- Have strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality of service.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Have previous SOC experience.
- Encourage and inspire continued skill growth in team members.
- Have strong leadership abilities.
- Have strong organisational skills.
- Be aware of new technology trends (e.g., mobile computing, cloud computing) and the relevant impact of cyber security on these.
- Have the ability to work in a 24/7/365 environment, potentially being asked to work any shift, on-call shift requirements.
In return, you will be awarded a permanent position with a generous compensation package.
To learn more apply online or contact Sarah O’Driscoll on +353 214511194.
Salary: €60000 - €60000