Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong Treasury Accountant to support their growing business on an initial contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Treasury Accountant contractor role will be sitting in the EMEA head office and reports to the Treasury Accounting Manager. The team is responsible for providing transactional services and maintaining the control and compliance environment for treasury-related activities within the organisation. The role is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Accurate accounting of investments, in house cash, inter-company loans and other Treasury directed financial instruments
- Completion of month end and reporting responsibilities
- Ensuring that inter-company loans, derivatives and associated interest transactions are recorded in the systems in line with supporting agreements and trading documentation
- Oversight of foreign exchange postings within the group, including month end reconciliations
- Approving inter-company interest rate updates, and creation of supporting documentation
- Compiling intercompany loan movements reports monthly, assessing, suggesting and implementing work required to renew or change arrangements
- Reconciling derivative accounts and providing back up and calculations to Tax, Group Finance and third-party auditors as necessary
- Opening and closing bank accounts
- Modifying user accesses and ensuring proper approval and back-up
- Performing periodic access control reviews
- Training users on the online banking systems
- Coordinating mandate updates as approved by the Treasury Committee
- Assisting in the implementation of new online banking systems as required
In order to be considered for this daily rate Treasury Accountant role, you will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant exposure to treasury accounting within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have 2+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Strong technical working knowledge of treasury accounting
- Experience of accounting for intercompany loans and foreign exchange
- A deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in the SAP and/or JD Edwards accounting systems, as well as the interrelationships that exist
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
What’s on offer:
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading Multinational Headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
- The genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer term positions in the business
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin West