This multinational Pharmaceutical Shared Services organisation provides healthcare service and support the medical and animal healthcare products across the EMEA region. Due to phenomenal success in delivering customer service, accountancy and supply chain support throughout the EMEA region, they are now seeking a VAT Manager. This person will work closely with the leadership team and will have the opportunity to drive the business forward.
Reporting to the GA Senior Manager the VAT Manager will take responsibility for the operational performance of the VAT function and supervise up to 8 accounting/tax professionals in the VAT Analyst role. You will be a strong people manager and enjoy undertaking responsibility for their personal and professional growth
- Co-ordinate and oversee the VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List reporting processes
- Co-ordinate and oversee month-end close postings related to VAT
- Review VAT account reconciliations on a monthly basis and work with the team and affiliates to understand key movements in those accounts
- Review monthly controls and work with the team to ensure that all controls and compliance requirements are fulfilled
- Work with the team, the local controllers, other departments, including third party service providers, to help resolve any issues promptly and ensure that the relevant parties are informed and involved where appropriate
- Ensure the team is “Audit ready always” and work closely with them and affiliates to facilitate both internal and external audits related to the VAT processes
- Embed a continuous improvement mindset within the team and support the team in implementing improvements
- You will be a Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant or Qualified Tax Consultant with previous people management experience with excellent interpersonal skills. You enjoy problem solving and conflict resolution within a highly professional and warm working environment. VAT experience in a SSC environment is highly desirable.
- Working with some of Cork’s leading business minds, you will also have tangible and progressive career opportunities.
- Excellent salary (DOE), performance bonus, full family healthcare, pension (up to 8%), educational assistance.
To learn more apply online or contact Ashling Edwards on +353214358748
Salary: €55000 - €65000