This innovative multinational biotechnology company researches, develops and commercializes drugs for many unmet diseases globally and operates primarily on antiviral drugs used in the treatment of HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and influenza to name but a few. Headquartered and founded in the U.S, this industry leader employs more than 11,000 staff globally with revenue north of 10B per annum. Due to an increase in CMO's coming online, a new requirement has arisen in the organisation for an Associate Director Packaging Engineer to join the organisation global Pharmaceutical Technology group.
- Determines the functions most critical to departmental success and proactively engages these to drive business forward.
- Can lead multiple components of departmental strategic initiatives.
- Provides technical guidance and training to junior group members.
- Examines and works to resolve inter-departmental working issues from a broader organizational perspective.
- Analyses, revises and develops internal procedures and systems required to ensure GMP compliance.
- Manages complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure product meets regulatory, performance, and cost requirements.
- Leads technical investigations and assessment of deviations.
- Advises more junior staff or members of project teams in the initiation and execution of new methods, considering economic, regulatory and safety factors
- Manages the planning and implementation of new site start-ups.
- Makes recommendations for cost reduction initiatives as related to materials, labour or overhead.
- Makes recommendations for continuous improvement in all operational processes.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying advanced principles and techniques of related engineering speciality to products and problems.
- Demonstrates ability to recognise anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Manages external vendor relationships and negotiates contracts.
- Manages budget for pharmaceutical/packaging engineering-related projects and activities.
- Manages activities at third party sites, including providing project timelines, resolving issues, on-site troubleshooting, and providing overall technical support; may negotiate pricing for defined projects.
- Coordinates the specification, installation, utilisation, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and liquid products.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a BS or BA.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 632 1865 for a confidential discussion.