Automation Lead & Systems Owner
This global pharmaceutical organisation is a leader in their field of expertise. With significant manufacturing operations in Dublin and exciting plans for growth in the coming years, they require an Automation Lead / Systems Owner to play a key role in the ownership of a highly critical system for the organisation, with the opportunity to take on multiple systems ownership and a more senior leadership role in due course.
With ownership of a highly complex and critical system within the Automation Engineering division, you will manage a highly complex end to end system across all aspects of support from the triage of complex issues, root cause analysis though to the design and development of suitable solutions. In addition you will:
- Lead all investigations pertaining to this system, trouble shooting and designing effective solutions to ensure the highest levels of system performance at all times
- Support new product introductions and new technology by implementing relevant configuration change requirements and supporting engineering runs
- Ensure the integrity of the Network Architecture from a troubleshooting perspective across all aspects of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Active Directory and Network IDS/IPS
- Lead all compliance and auditing oversight as key owner of this system, liaising with internal stakeholders as well as external parties to ensure full compliance, data integrity and Audit readiness including closure of changes in a timely manner
- As the system is underpinned by Rockwell, you will work extensively with Rockwell technology (PLC’s, SCADA, Batch), programming where necessary (circa 15% of your role)
- Act a key stakeholder on any projects directly impacting the Process Formulation & Component Prep System to ensure the solutions are fit for purpose and in line with wider IS strategy
- As this organisational environment is fact paced and exciting, you will work with a sense of urgency to ensure problems are dealt with quickly and effectively due to the critical nature of what is being produced
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Engineering, with at least 5-7 years’ professional experience in Automation in the Life Sciences sector (pharmaceutical, bio-pharma or medical device)
- Automation engineering experience across one or more of the following PLC/SCADA/Batch systems: Siemens PLC, SCADA & Batch, Allen Bradley PLC programming and troubleshooting, Rockwell Automation Platforms (SCADA and Batch Systems) and ideally ControlNet (CNET), DeviceNet networking, RSLinx Classic and Enterprise, RSNetworx, FactoryTalk AssetCentre, ThinManager Software and OSIsoft PI Data Historian
- Highly pro-active and solution oriented in all aspects of your work and understand the importance of dealing with system issues immediately
- Strong compliance and auditing experience and have relevant experience working with external auditors in ensuring full system and data compliance
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to translate technical requirements to non-technical audiences across the site, and manage vendors, external parties and stakeholders effectively
- Highly motivated to take on a System Owner role, with a passion for driving continuous improvement initiatives in relation to policies, procedures and system performance
This organisation offers an outstanding career opportunity for growth. They will be more than quadrupling their production in the coming 18 months and they will be introducing several key new products in the next 12-18 months also. There is opportunity for growth across systems ownership as we as leadership and more strategic opportunities. Excellent salary & benefits on offer.
For more information, please apply through the link below or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +353 21 4511198 / +353 1 6321864 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €70000 - €80000
Location: Dublin South