A leading food manufacturing organisation based in Cork in their sate of the art facility is seeking a Cost Accountant to join their growing plant. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will work with industry leaders in through their global network spanning across over 100 countries with annual global turnover of over €2 billion. The successfully appointed Cost Accountant will have the opportunity to work through an exciting period of growth and support this innovative culture who work to lean continuous improvement processes.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance & development of accurate Product Costings and Bills of Material for the business.
- You will review and update standard costings and roll out activity based costing including cost review and analysis.
- You will work with and challenge operations on product costings to ensure costings are appropriate for volumes, commercially viable and operationally achievable.
This site are continuously introducing new products to the site ad you will provide input to the NPD process by performing top level costings analysis to ensure new products can achieve the required margin before going into development.
- Supporting EBITA targets you will work cross functionally to identify, support and influence cost reduction and process improvement initiatives across inventory, yield, purchasing, labour and overheads.
- Inventory valuation and reconciliation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
Investigation of variances and analysis of production efficiencies to assist in root cause analysis and to partner with the Production Team to understand and remediate adverse cost drivers.
- Work with Finance and Operations to develop standardised reporting that meets the management / financial reporting requirements of Finance and Operations.
Completion of monthly forecasts and the annual budget submission and assist with the preparation of month end and year end accounts.
The ideal candidate will be a recently Qualified Accountant with 2 years PQE experience in a manufacturing environment. You will have experience with cost accounting, commercial acumen, with a very analytical and creative mind. This role will ideally suit someone looking for a broad role to build on their experience in a fast paced, dynamic manufacturing environment with focus to drive financial awareness across the business optimising efficiencies and implement best practice regarding internal controls. Proactively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and be a champion for change.
Excellent career opportunity , training and support is provided working in this state of manufacturing facility in Cork. A highly attractive remuneration package is on offer.
Contact Ashling Edwards in HRM Recruit on +353 21 451191 in confidence or apply
Salary: €50000 - €60000