Direct Materials Buyer
Our client is a leading Electronics Manufacturer based in the Cork region, who are going through substantial growth at the moment. Working with Fortune 100 customers, our client is at the forefront of innovative engineering. Due to a number of new product introductions happening on site, ou client is currently looking for a Direct Materials Buyer to initially join the organisation on a 6-month contract.
- As Direct Materials Buyer, you will be responsible for purchasing of components from global suppliers, ensuring there are sufficient materials on-site to support new product release dates
- This role will entail a certain level of planning – both supply planning to site and material planning – keeping in mind global lead times
- You will also be responsible for managing multiple vendors, and leading quarterly reviews, putting in place improvement programmes where necessary
- The successful candidate will have minimum 3 years’ experience in a pure buying role, with ideally additional experience in a programme management position
- A good understanding of end to end supply chain processes would be an advantage
- Our client is looking to speak with candidates coming from a fast-paced industry background with strong SAP skills
This is initially a 6-month contract position. However due to the current growth our client is going through, there is the possibility to move into a different area within the business.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Sorcha Farrell at HRM on +353 1 632 18 92 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application