Director of Engineering
A leading biotech organisation are establishing a new state-of-the-art facility in Munster. Given the scale of this project they are now looking to recruit a Director of Engineering to spearhead the process design. Their manufacturing footprint across Europe includes operations in Ireland, France, Spain, Belgium, Austria & Germany. The scope will expand to other European destinations once this project is completed so availability to travel is required.
As a key member of the European Engineering team you will manage large-scale capital projects from concept design through to installation liaising closely with Engineering Managers on-site to ensure they projects are delivered efficiently and on-budget. This is a challenging position and will require flexibility to travel to Irish sites as well as European locations during crucial stages of the various projects.
- Reporting into the Senior Director of European Engineering; this is a single-contributor position. You will work within a peer group of approximately 4 others and work closely with on-site teams within each project you run.
- Be the SME of a new biologics facility within the Munster region and lead the manufacturing process design, vendor selection and spec design as well as optimisation projects across existing operations across Europe.
- You will support the resolution of deviations; running investigations across equipment and process deviations, system failures and under-performance ensuring root cause analysis is carried out, a solution is delivered and corrective actions are implemented across systems and equipment.
- Contribute to lean initiatives within engineering specifically focused on process improvements impacting supply of product.
- Facilitate process optimisation projects.
- Collaborate closely with external manufacturing partners and affiliates within the European network where required.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to deliver engineering projects – quality, supply-chain, manufacturing etc.
- Support the resolution of production issues from a process perspective.
- Third level Degree qualified in a technical discipline.
- Have a minimum of 8-10 years working in a biologics environment.
- Be collaborative in your approach to work and be an effective communicator.
- Engage cross functionally to deliver on process improvement projects in conjunction with a site-based team.
- Autonomous and a self-starter.
- €110,000 – €120,000
- Performance bonus
- Family healthcare plan
- Pension contribution fund
- Life assurance (four times salary)
- Subsidised canteen
To learn more, apply online or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 6321883
Salary: €110000 - €120000