Director of Operations
A world leader in their specialist medical segment, this organisation houses design, development and manufacturing of advanced medical engineering assemblies to very high-quality standards. This is a fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing environment driving a continuous improvement programme on site. The company operates manufactures in Ireland and distributes to globally based customer locations.
As a world leader in their market, the organisation is committed to substantial expansion of market share. To support this growth, the company now wishes to appoint an Operations Director, sitting as part of site leadership and leading site operations and the management team.
Without question, the primary focus of this role is the total management of operations, while driving operational excellence across each department. Developing the right culture and commitment to lean principles requires a senior executive with particularly strong communication and influencing skills. While this role is broad and all encompassing, we can summarise the key areas of delivery as being:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, leading core operations within the business including Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, IT, HR & Quality functions.
- Establishing a culturally committed management team, working with each team member closely to develop and improve, metrics and performance, in line with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Ultimately owning the cultural development of the organisation, you will have overall responsibility for the transformation necessary to achieve substantial growth while maintaining and improving customer experience
- Guiding and leading, the development and implementation of aligned strategies for each department, ensuring these are translated into effective operational plans that deliver on all customer commitments.
To ensure full and effective performance in this challenging and exciting role, executives will have or demonstrate:
- A degree technical or business discipline, ideally with a relevant post grad.
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience within a quality focused, highly complex manufacturing environment, medical device or similar is ideal.
- Be a well-rounded leader who can influence the management team demonstrating a collaborative approach to leadership.
- Experience working cross functionally to deliver on commercial targets and improvement projects.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, customer centric environment.
- Previous experience in the development high performance work teams.
- Excellent communication skills, be organised and articulate.
- A practical approach to problem solving with an understanding of the commercial impact of key decisions.
For a confidential conversation to learn more about this position please contact Aisling Clements +353 1632 1883 or email.
Salary: €150000 - €180000
Location: Dublin West