Director of Technical Operations (Biologics)
A global innovator and leading biopharmaceutical company that has been inventing new ground breaking treatments for numerous life threatening diseases for more than a century. Through this organisations prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products, they work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. Recently a requirement has arisen to recruit a Director of Technical Operations to be based at the organisations Biologics manufacturing plant in Munster.
- Direct all activities of the Technical Services department. Ensure that all equipment and processes are qualified and validated according to cGMP and all relevant procedures. Ensure that all changes are approved through the formal change control process and to provide technical support to the QC and Manufacturing areas on site
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained and site technology transfers are implemented in accordance with best practise
- The Technical Services Director is responsible for ensuring the required competencies, talent management and development of people
- With a solid line to the Site Lead and dotted line to a Regional GTO leader, the Technical Services (TS) Director will align with the GTO leader at the regional or global levels for maintenance of functional excellence and standard approaches
- The Technical Operations Director will leverage the association with the Regional GTO Group that provides external partner support, to collaborate on providing technical support to external partners within the region as a secondary responsibility
- Responsible for all aspects of technical process support including problem resolution, process improvements, technology transfers, process maintenance to Drug Substance, Pharmaceutical, Vaccine, Biologics manufacturing and packaging
- BSc, MS or PhD in Pharmaceutics, Science or Equivalent and minimum of 10 years’ experience post BSc
- Minimum Green Belt (Desirable Black Belt qualification)
- At least 5 years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated Technical Expertise in one or more of Drug Substance, Pharm, Biologics, Vaccines, Sterile, Packaging with a demonstrated track record of applying scientific, technical knowledge and problem solving approaches to deliver business results
To learn more apply on line or call Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 6321865.
Salary: On Application