EMEA Industrial Hygienist (Assoc Dir)
A global innovator and leading biopharmaceutical company that has been inventing new groundbreaking treatments for numerous life-threatening diseases for more than a century. Through this organisation’s prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products, they work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. As a result of expansion within the European Union and additionally a need for an Industrial Hygiene expert to provide IH expertise to the business’s internal operations within the EMEA, a new position has arisen for an EMEA Industrial Hygienist (Associate Director).
- Provide technical support to EMEA Site Industrial Hygiene Coordinators to facilitate proper understanding and implementation of the businesses industrial hygiene standard, practices, and regulatory requirements. Focused technical support will include identification of workplace health hazards, evaluation of risks, and identification of proper control strategies.
- Provide IH technical leadership and hands-on support to enable proper field investigations and identification and implementation of appropriate control strategies.
- Support the development and distribution of IH technical information and training to the EMEA sites to enable effective implementation of industrial hygiene and support occupational health & toxicology programs.
- Accountable for IH risk management, IH regulatory tracking, advocacy support, special IH projects, training, site IH support, and engineering project support.
- Remain current in the practice of industrial hygiene, have current knowledge of regulatory requirements and recognised pharmaceutical industry IH practices and controls. Participate in professional organisations, on outside panels, committees and advisory groups as appropriate.
- BSc in Occupational Hygiene (or Health, Safety & Environmental) plus 12 years of experience, or MSc in Occupational Hygiene and 10 years of experience.
- Certification in the Comprehensive Practice of IH (CIH) or equivalent is desirable.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Shane Browne at HRM on +353 1 6321827 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin City Centre