Engineering Buyer/Procurement Officer
Our client, a highly successful global FMCG company, are growing their Engineering team and are recruiting an experienced Buyer to add synergy to their Irish and European offices. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, you will bring your negotiating and supplier experience to add value and reduce costs while maintaining the quality of items purchased.
- As the Buyer, you will purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- You will act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on engineering purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- As Buyer, you will monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers and conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- You will be providing analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- A key role for you as Buyer will be to negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- You will prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- A key role as Buyer is to build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications as well as manage them to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- You will ensure compliance with company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, ideally you will have a procurement/buyer qualification and previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an engineering or manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills is a must and relevant experience in this is required.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities, Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) as well as advanced Excel skills is required.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets.
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
To learn more, apply online or contact Ellen Walsh on +353 1 6321882 for a confidential discussion.