One of the largest global medical technology companies in the world who has a focus on advancing health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care are seeking to appoint an Engineering Technician. The organisation has a 65,000 headcount globally and a presence in nearly every country around the world and HRM have been retained exclusively to support the permanent recruitment into an Engineering team in Dublin.
Duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Technician will include:
- Install, modify and maintain the full range of production equipment;
- Continuously improve the plant operations. This includes reducing downtime and reducing waste, deal with all breakdowns, carry out overhauls as required, work to the highest engineering standards and fine-tuning production equipment to increase output;
- Assist in the complete validation of new and existing equipment including acceptance trials, debugging, etc;
- Deal/liaise with vendors, suppliers and local engineering shops;
- Involved in analysing customer complaints and internal quality issues and assist in drawing up improvement programmes for equipment to eliminate these defects being produced;
You will have skills and experience in the following:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant; or National Craft Certificate together with additional specialised training and experience.
- Relevant industrial experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply a scientific approach to problem solving, blending analytical and experimental skills and to maximise productivity and yields.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Relevant PC skills.
To learn more about this role apply online or contact Laura Gallagher on 00353 876383699 for a confidential discussion.