Entity Controlling Manager
Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong qualified Entity Controlling Manager to support their growing business on an initial contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees, and offices in more than 40 countries.
This Entity Controlling Manager Contractor role, will be sitting in the EMEA head office and will place a key operational accounting role within the Corporate Services Record to Report team, having responsibility for overseeing the General Ledger accounting services provided to the in-country finance teams in Europe while also executing the close accounting for a number of entities. In addition to technical accounting skills, an ability to understand and interpret the underlying business drivers impacting the financial results is required.
The role works closely with colleagues in Corporate Services and also the in-country operations accounting managers to ensure the preparation and delivery of high quality, accurate and timely financial results for monthly group reporting under USGAAP, in a Sarbanes Oxley compliant environment.
The position is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Supporting the Entity Controlling Senior Lead in the delivery of the US GAAP month end financial reporting for supported entities
- Work closely with colleagues in Corporate Services to ensure the delivery of accurate and timely month end close reporting for supported entities
- Preparing and posting journals for general ledger processes such as accruals, prepayments, payroll and tax
- Review of entity results as part of the month end close to ensure accuracy of Corporate Services managed bookings
- Liaising with local operating finance teams and Corporate Services to understand and resolve unusual variances identified during the first level results review
- resolution of accounting issues arising during the close process across all areas of the balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Driving compliance with standardised accounting processes
- Closely monitoring the supportability of accruals through ageing reviews and quarterly substantiation reviews in conjunction with in-country accounting managers
- Support review and posting of prepayments and entity specific accounting transactions
- Ensure completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Active participation in monthly results reviews with in-country accounting teams
- Provision of guidance and general support to internal finance and business customers on issues related to the supported entities – tax, treasury, group reporting, legal, accounts payable, accounts receivable etc.
- Provide support to the in-country operations accounting managers in the preparation of the local statutory accounts and related audit. Will include the provision of information from SAP and liaising with colleagues in other areas of the Dublin based Shared Service Centre accounting team (AP, GL, Payroll, indirect tax etc)
- Act as a point of contact for group audit questions from external auditors relating to the supported entities
In order to be considered for this daily rate Entity Controlling Manager role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant exposure within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have 3+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Have strong stakeholder management experience dealing with senior level colleague across multiple regions
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting practice
- A deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in the SAP accounting system, as well as the interrelationships that exist
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
- You will have strong systems experience (ideally with SAP and Hyperion) and excellent Excel skills
What’s on offer:
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading multinational headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and to further develop your international experience
- The genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer term positions in the business
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin City Centre