Our client is a global and highly regarded retail business with operations in 15 countries and over 6000 retail stores worldwide. They have an open, friendly and professional culture with a focus on serving the global business out of their head office in Dublin. This is a newly created permanent role and you will be working very closely with the European Financial Director and play a pivotal part in the leadership team interacting closely with other senior stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions in the delivery of accurate and timely financial information to support business decisions.
This Financial Manager opportunity will be sitting in the European Head Office, working closely with the Financial Director, and will be responsible for business partnering across multiple regions to support the provision of accurate management and statutory accounts through strong management of the General Ledger team in Dublin. The position will have huge visibility and cross-functional exposure across the regions and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of accurate delivery of business-critical information.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Business Partnering across multiple jurisdictions to provide accurate financial information to business leaders
- Management of the general ledger team ensuring the accurate and timely provision of information
- Review of month end and year end management accounts
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Approval of month end reconciliations and journals
- Completion of ad hoc projects/analysis, as assigned by the Finance Director and Senior Finance Director
- Compliance with SOX, internal audit and internal controls across all entities
- Oversight of transfer pricing and intercompany accounting
- Driving system and process improvement, via streamlining if controls and standardisation of accounting practices across regions
- Coaching and development of team, including regular performance reviews
In order to be considered for exciting and newly created Finance Manager role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 5+ years of relevant Post qualified experience in a similar role from within a leading multinational environment. Additionally, you will have extensive working knowledge of US GAAP, experience managing a team of qualified accountants and have lead process improvement initiatives. A fluency in a second European language would be a considerable advantage.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have approx. 5+ years’ post qualification experience in FMCG, retail or Pharmaceutical from within a Shared Service environment
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and financial principles as well as technical accounting skills in particular strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- Demonstrable experience operating at a senior level within a finance function and have the ability to step up into a more senior role in support of the financial director as required
- Experience of working directly within international markets and across multiple international markets and/or with the commercial sector
- You will have excellent communications skills and evidence of co-ordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- You will have advanced ERP systems experience (ideally with SAP) and advanced Excel skills
- You will demonstrate a solid analytical and problem solving ability
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy essential
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work in a Senior Finance role within a market leader in its sector
- A role in a highly commercial environment where your inputs will have impact
- Ability to influence the senior leadership and develop your experience under the mentorship of the financial director
- The chance to work in an excellent business environment in a cross-functional role
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €80000 - €80000
Location: Dublin North