A market leading professional services business, based in the city centre, is looking to hire a strong practice trained Financial Accountant who is interested in building or developing their commercial experience in industry. You will get unrivalled access and mentoring from a strong Finance Director within a high performance environment and the potential to build a successful career in an exciting industry.
The Financial Accountant role, reporting to the Finance Director and working closely with the Chief Executive, will assist in supporting the financial and strategic objectives of the business, ensuring that effective day-to-day accounts management and financial insight is delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and production of the monthly/annual management accounting pack with variance analysis and commentary
- Working closely with the Finance Director to ensure all statutory reporting requirements are met
- Continuous review of controls, and implementation of lean principles to identify opportunities to reduce cost and streamline process
- Oversee the Finance Team including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Work with the senior management team to develop and implement strategies for the growth of the business
- Work closely with the Chief Executive on any projects potentially impacting on the performance of the business
- Maintain true and accurate financial records for all statutory, internal and external auditing purposes.
- Provide insightful analysis to respond all internal and external customer needs
- Identify risks and support the mitigation of risk across the business
- Oversee payroll function to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner
In order to be considered for the Financial Accountant role, you will be a qualified accountant having trained through a Top 10 practice firm or with relevant experience in a professional services business in Ireland. You will need to be adaptable and flexible with strong focus on stakeholder management and personal performance. Specifically, you will:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience
- Have prepared a full set financial accounts and have strong understanding of financial controls and processes
- You will have a strong analytical and commercial approach
- Have strong systems experience (Ideally Sage) and in particular strong Excel skills
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to work within a leading professional services organisation
- Potential to develop your skills within a highly commercial environment
- Continued development and excellent career opportunity
To learn more apply on line or call Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826.
Salary: €50000 - €55000
Location: Dublin City Centre