Global API Category Manager
A dynamic pharmaceutical organisation, who have grown significantly in the last few years are seeking an experienced API Category Manager to join their expanding team on an initial 12 month contract bases. This is a brand new position which has been developed to support the business’s increased demand on supply.
- You will report directly into the API Procurement Director working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including internal manufacturing site personnel, to create, implement, lead, and maintain sourcing strategies to support the overall business strategy.
- The Category Manager (API) will develop negotiation strategies to close deals with the most cost efficient terms while having a deep understanding of the API category and the supplier marketplace.
- You will identify and display sourcing best practices in API procurement.
- You will work closely with the procurement director in contract agreements with suppliers within the API category and identify alternative sourcing strategies in order to drive cost reductions and eliminate any supply chain risks.
- The API Category Manager will develop a strong market knowledge in order to benchmark costs in order to negotiate the best price possible in order to ensure efficient supply of materials to the organisations manufacturing sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years’ experience in sourcing APIs in the pharmaceutical industry sector
- Experience managing large annual spends in an API related category
- Experience procuring materials in order to support a large product portfolio
- An excellent negotiator with a deep understanding of API/ raw material sourcing strategies
- Competitive base salary
- Full family healthcare
- DC Pension
- Stock options
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact me at HRM on +353 163 218 30 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin City Centre