Our client, a well-known, growing, and dynamic educational institution are seeking a Group Financial Controller to join their organisation on a permanent basis. This is a hands on role where you will manage a team of 4 with a focus on delivery of month/quarter/year end reporting. You will present and explain results and variances to the board. You will also be responsible for negotiation of contracts and project management of operational development programmes.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Finance team to include coordination and delivery of internal and external financial reporting requirements and supporting the team with technical knowledge and know-how.
- Preparing and analysing financial statements across the business and associated companies.
- Preparing financial forecasts for the group.
- Preparation of board trading updates and commentary papers.
- Audit management.
- Group tax affairs both national and international, including monitoring and enhancing tax compliance controls, structures, and processes.
- Ensuring financial controls are effective.
- Identifying projects across the Finance division, predominately working towards streamlining business processes and maintaining the control framework.
- Managing the treasury function.
- Presenting to various management groups and Board of Directors of subsidiary companies.
- Liaising as required with outside agencies including HSE, External Auditors, Dept of Education etc.
To be considered, you will:
- Be ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA qualified accountant with a minimum of 7 years PQE.
- This is a hands-on accounting role, and you will be required to get involved in all elements of financial control related to the organisation.
- Have experience in the Education industry - preferably with knowledge of dealing with the Dept. of Education & the HSE.
- Possess a clear track record of effectively managing a team.
- Have exceptional technical accounting knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce insightful reports and present same.
- Possess a strong track record of implementing change through technology to achieve continuous improvement.
Salary: €80,000 - €100,000 + benefits, depending on experience.
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Clair Schindler on 0862150442 for a confidential discussion.