Group Internal Audit Manger
Our client, a leading and highly regarded Financial Services organisation, is looking to hire a Group Internal Audit Manager into their business. They have a huge focus on employee engagement, career development and a strong work-life balance, and you will be part of a growing Group Internal Audit team supporting the wider business.
The Group Internal Audit Manager role will sit in the Group Internal Audit team that is responsible for assessing and measuring the Group’s governance, risk management and control infrastructure to support the Board and Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation.
The Group Internal Audit Manager, reporting to the Head of Audit, is responsible for leading audits primarily within the Treasury and Wholesale/Institutional Banking Team.
Due to nature of the business environment, and the development major changes within the organisation there would be substantial potential for career development for the individuals within the Group Audit Team.
The key accountabilities/responsibilities for the Group Internal Audit Manager position are as follows:
- Support the preparation of risk based audit plans and programmes to support the delivery of an Audit Opinion to senior management.
- Lead and manage audits from beginning to end including definition of audit scope, test strategy, execution of testing, summary of issues and final report.
- Maintain effective and influential relationships through positive stakeholder management at all levels within the function.
- Manage the resolution of agreed exceptions with the business areas and stakeholders.
- Identify trends and investigate exceptional items that may be of relevance.
- Enhance the effectiveness and reputation of the function by supporting the development of positive working relationships across all levels and strategic audit partners.
- Effectively manage, organise, develop and motivate a team of staff within the audit team.
- Lead and conduct issue assurance in accordance with Audit methodology.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of audit methodology standards, processes and organisational structure.
In order to be considered for this highly visible Group Internal Audit Manager role you will be a qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with relevant experience in Audit from a leading practice firm, or relevant experience in an Internal Audit role in a Financial Services organisation.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- You will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and have approx. 4-5 years’ post qualification experience from either a leading Financial Services organisation, or through leading audit teams in a practice firm focused on financial services.
- Demonstrable experience of understanding Risk Management frameworks and policies covering Treasury and Wholesale & Institutional Banking activities.
- A strong depth of working knowledge of Treasury Products, Risk Management and internal audit methodologies within a banking environment.
- You will have excellent communications skills and evidence of co-ordinating multiple stakeholders to achieve results
- You will have lead and managed a team with a strong emphasis on delivery.
- You will have strong systems experience and excellent Excel skills.
- You will demonstrate a solid analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy essential.
What’s on offer:
- The opportunity to work in a leading Financial Services organisation with the genuine potential to develop your career within the organisation either within audit or elsewhere.
- Excellent remuneration package.
- Access to senior level leaders of a leading Financial Services organisation.
- An opportunity to achieve a strong work life balance without sacrificing career objectives.
To learn more apply on line or contact Paul Lanigan on +353 1 6321826
Salary: €60000 - €75000
Location: Dublin City Centre