My client is a well-known and established statutory body currently recruiting for an Interim Head of HR to lead a HR & Facilities team with responsibility for a broad range of HR activities. Operating in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment, this opportunity will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to enhance organisational performance.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Affairs, the Head of HR plays a key role in the organisational structure. Leading an ambitious strategy, people are at the heart of the organisation feeling respected and empowered to deliver their best work with employee wellbeing and engagement being hugely important to people related decisions.
This role requires a strong HR Leader with a practical approach together with significant people and stakeholder management experience and a track record of developing and delivering HR strategy in the areas or Resource Planning, Training and Development, Employee Engagement, HR Operations, HR Projects, HR Policy & Systems and Employee Relations.
Responsibilities will include;
- Understanding the strategic and operational requirements and overseeing the delivery of HR accountabilities across the key areas of recruiting, developing, engaging and retaining talent.
- Representing the HR agenda consistently and with professionalism through attending and contributing at monthly Leadership team and other relevant meetings.
- Working in close collaboration with senior leaders on the effective and timely delivery of all people programs and OD projects.
- Taking accountability for the performance of the HR and facilities function, developing relationships and working with the team in a collaborative way to encourage their development and supporting the delivery of their objectives.
- Championing a performance culture and embedding the new performance management process.
- Managing end of year processes; - including calibration, logistics, communication and systems.
- Managing the delivery of the HR operational elements to ensure that HR systems, communication, compliance, budgeting, payroll run efficiently. Identifying initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Understanding and maintaining an awareness of the risks and threats associated with COVID-19 and taking appropriate action to design and communicate documents, guidance and advice to staff with an emphasis on a health and safety, logistic, and building modification.
- Overseeing the work of the facilities manager and the reception team.
Ideally, candidates will hold a Degree in Human Resources and have proven strategic and operational leadership across best practice environments. Previous experience in leading and managing a team as well as a strong ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organisation is important. Knowledge of employment legislation and excellent communication skills as well as problem solving skills is vital in this role. Experience in the public sector is desirable but not essential. In addition to technical experience, you will bring a range of professional competencies in the areas of Strategy, Judgement, Teamwork, Organisation, Communication and Planning.
To learn more apply online or contact Arlene Moran on +353 1 632 1854 for more information.