HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Reporting to: Chief Executive
This organisation has embarked upon a significant programme of change in recent years to enable it to meet the ambitions of its overall business strategy and keep ahead of changes in its environment. There has been and will continue to be significant investment in developing organisational and individual capabilities in line with the needs of a modern and progressive organisation.
They now seek to employ a Head of HR. The Head of Human Resources will play a pivotal role in supporting the management and employees of the organisation. They will lead the HR and organisational practices that will ensure the continued success of the company and the fulfilment of its ambitious strategy. Based at the Head Office in Dun Laoghaire, the Head of HR will be responsible for managing the HR team and developing functional capability to support the organisation into the future.
- Leading the implementation of a HR strategy which aligns with and supports the delivery of the overall company strategy.
- Leading organisation development initiatives from concept through planning and implementation, drawing on experience and skills in project and change management.
- Ensuring the HR function is appropriately externally focused, in relation to emerging best practice and developments in the profession.
- Ensuring that all HR policies and practices are fit for purpose to serve the current and future needs of the organisation including total reward package, recognition, development, employee engagement, performance management, wellbeing and so forth.
- Ensuring that the Performance and Development System is optimised to support employee performance and development and the achievement of goals and objectives on an ongoing basis.
- Promoting and supporting a positive employee relations environment.
- Managing external providers, to ensure the services provided are best in class, meet organisational needs, and are regularly evaluated.
- Acting as Data Protection Officer.
- Leading, managing and developing the HR team to ensure their continued success and the development of their contribution to the organisation.
- Preparation and analysis of HR data and metrics to support business and organisational planning and inform key decisions.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to the management team and individual managers in relation to people policy and management.
- Preparing budgets and plans for approval and operating within agreed budgets in addition to management and board reports when required, and specifically relating to HR and organisational elements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
- Degree or equivalent in HRM or Business-related area. (Level 8)
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in busy, progressive HR environments, ideally with some public sector experience. Minimum of 5 years' experience in team and organisational leadership with a strength in mentoring and developing others.
- A good working knowledge across multiple HR disciplines including - attraction and retention, management development, organisation development, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, reward, and recognition, change management - with in depth experience in at least 3 of these.
- Ability to work and influence in a progressive, open and supportive manner as part of a senior management team.
- Experience of managing external contractors, consultants, and support contracts.
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Budget development and oversight experience.
- Good understanding of the progressive use of technology in the HR function and how to use technology to best advantage.
- Ability to generate and provide meaningful HR and organisational data with appropriate analysis to aid management decision-making.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a dynamic and changing environment.
An attractive salary and benefits, including 27.9% pension contribution is available, hybrid working model in operation.
To apply for this role, click 'apply now' and follow the instructions. To discover more about this opportunity, call Clair Schindler on 01-6321881/0862150442 for a confidential discussion.