Inventory Project Accountant
Our client, one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, is currently recruiting for a strong qualified Inventory Accountant to support their growing business on an initial 3-month contract basis. Through acquisitions and mergers, this company has expanded rapidly in their short history and now boast more than 20,000 employees, and offices in over 40 countries.
This Inventory Project Accountant Contractor role will be sitting in the EMEA head office and report to the Senior Finance Lead. The role is heavily project related and will have strong impact on a number inventory related projects. This role would suit someone who has strong project management, process improvement and is able to take the lead in a highly progressive environment. These responsibilities have to be executed in a complex organisational structure where the inventory moves between entities throughout manufacturing and distribution entities globally.
The position is intended to be a long term interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Participating in the monthly/quarterly process to decide and record financial provisions for profit in inventory across European entities
- Supporting financial transactions and resolving related issues
- Entering and validating inventory master data
- Performing financial inventory reconciliations and booking manual journal entries where required
- Providing raw material analysis as required
- Supporting business partners as per SLAs
- Participating in month-end/year-end activities
- Liaising with Local Country Finance, Supply Chain and Warehouse Management where necessary
- Supporting and managing the SOP update and review
- Performing duties in accordance with all policies and procedures and ensuring application of control for SOX compliance
- Leading and supporting all inventory related projects
- Mentoring and supporting junior team members
In order to be considered for this daily rate Inventory Project Accountant role, you will ideally be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with relevant exposure within a large multinational in a shared service environment.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- 3+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role within a shared service environment
- Strong working background in process improvement and project management
- Extensive working knowledge of inventory accounting from either a profit and loss or balance sheet perspective
- Strong stakeholder management experience dealing with senior level colleague across multiple regions
- Ideally have detailed knowledge of US GAAP and SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance
- A deep understanding of the systems, processes and controls involved in recording transactions in and ERP accounting system (Oracle, JD Edwards or SAP), as well as the interrelationships that exist
- Experience in adding value through enhancements to processes and implementing them while maintaining strong financial control
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exciting long term daily rate contract role within a leading multinational headquartered in Ireland
- Ability to add value and further develop your international experience
- The genuine opportunity to be considered for other longer term positions in the business
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application
Location: Dublin City Centre