IT Support Engineer
Our client, multinational food-products corporation, is looking for a Junior IT Support Engineer, to join their Technology team on a contract basis of 9 months with the opportunity of this being extended. The role will be based in their Macroom office. This is an excellent opportunity for a IT graduate with placement experience or a recently qualified IT Engineer looking to kick-start their IT career.
The IT On Site Support will analyze and troubleshoot customer problems and advise on appropriate action where the Service Desk has not been able to resolve requests.
- Provide technical support to internal customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Performs hands-on technical support at the desktop level, including building/deploying new workstations, installing and upgrading hardware and software, the configuring systems and applications.
- Participate in local IT infrastructure or security related projects.
- Assist where necessary with server room maintenance activities
- At least 1 years' experience in an on-site IT technical support role in large progressive organisation is required
- Relevant third level qualification in IT required
- Strong technical aptitude is essential (Windows 7/10, iOS, Lotus Notes, MS Office, SAP, Symantec Altiris, SEP, VPN)
- Will have basics of networking, laptop / desktop, network printers, mobile technology, server technology
To learn more, apply online or contact Ellen Walsh for a confidential discussion on 087-3983226.