Laboratory Shift Manager
I am currently working with a leading Global Organisation based in Ballina, Mayo for a number of exciting Technical roles. With a recent multi-million euro investment, with a new tech-services lab under construction, this site is an ever-expanding operation and stable exciting environment to join. Currently, there is a need for a motivated Laboratory Shift Manager to join the Quality Team within this operation’s manufacturing, fast-paced GMP lab, where you will be responsible for the management of the QC Lab on an attractive shift basis.
The Laboratory Shift Manager is a key member of the wider management team and plays a very important role in the development and implementation of Quality and Safety site standards. The key priorities of the role involve leading and motivating a multi-skilled Laboratory team while ensuring that all QA Laboratory requirements are delivered for the Ballina plant.
- Ensure processes and equipment validation are carried out in accordance with company and regulatory requirements
- Management of the Internal/External audit program, liaising with corporate and external registrars/governmental agencies
- Development of employee competencies/skills ensuring the highest levels of engagement and team capability
- Ensure that all raw materials, finished products and in-process products are tested and released in accordance with procedures set forth in the quality guidelines
- Management of the Laboratory consumables and equipment VMI
- Provide support for plant-wide improvement activities and lean initiatives
- A Degree in either Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related Life Science discipline
- Minimum of 5 years laboratory or QC industrial experience
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
- Manage a team of Laboratory Associates, involved in recruitment, performance enablement, coaching, individual development and team leadership for Laboratory employees
- Raw material and product testing and release – material non-conformance, instrument problems, method issues and specification issues
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Orla Boyle at HRM on +353 91 782110 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: On Application