Lead Maintenance Engineer
This leading healthcare organisation provides solutions in vision care to a global market, with operations and sales affiliates in over 40 countries and providing product availability in more than 100 countries. Recently, this business has announced expansions in their Irish site, in the South East of Ireland, to cope with the growing demand of the company’s products. Once complete, the site headcount will increase by 200 employees.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Maintenance Engineer to join the organisation to improve performance and reliability of the equipment and to maintain the focus on lean manufacturing to improve the productivity of the site. This will also involve ensuring a thorough focus on innovation, efficiency and customer focus activities within the company.
- Leading a team of maintenance technicians in improving equipment performance and execution of preventive and reactive maintenance programmes
- Ensuring health, safety and quality requirements are adhered to in all areas of work
- Overseeing and steering all maintenance activities and strive for improvement where possible
- Creating training plans for technicians as well as engaging with future prospective colleagues
- Developing and actioning projects to enhance maintenance targets
- Coordinating and interacting with cross functional teams and groups to manage equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience within a high-volume manufacturing sector
- 3+ years’ experience within a technical leadership role
- Previous interaction within a cGMP / FDA regulated environment
- Strong exposure to preventive / reactive maintenance
- Experience with high-speed automated manufacturing
- Knowledge of automatic measurement and reporting of OEE would be advantageous
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact James Colbert at HRM on +353 1 6321840 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €50000 - €55000