Lead Test Development Engineer
Our client, a global organisation has over 200,000 employees worldwide, with expanding operations in Ireland. You will join a brand new services operation in North Dublin (Dublin 15) and play a critical part as the first Senior/Lead Test Development Engineer for this Cloud Computing organisation, delivering end to end Test Development services in a data centre environment.
As you will be the first Lead/Senior Test Engineer on-site, there is huge scope for building out and leading a team in the future as the operation continues to grow and expand.
- You will play a lead role in the development of testing processes and structure at this site, overseeing an end-to-end Agile test environment and setting the highest standards from a governance perspective
- Deliver end-to-end design and testing of reconfigured and newly manufactured racks across all aspects of software (virtualised) and hardware using in-house/proprietary web-based testing tools
- Set up the test environment and run diagnostics over the networks, configuring Linux as required
- Develop scripts for testing using Python, Bash & Linux
- Own the preparation of test cases, execution of test scripts and defect management processes and ensure the design, build, test and deployment of effective test solutions in line with internal company testing strategies
- Manage the Linux OS server environment and make configuration changes as required
- Basic network administration from a testing perspective
- You will be a Bachelor of Science or Electronic Engineering qualified graduate with at least 4-6 years’ experience in a test engineering role.
- Ideally, you will have worked in cloud computing, data centre environments
- End to end experience setting up test environments covering design, build, test and deployment.
- You will have 3-4 years’ experience testing in an SDN environment using VMWare/ Linux KVM or Hyper-V
- Strong ability to configure Linux servers in order to run test applications and develop test scripts from the Linux servers to test racks.
- Strong capability in test scripting using Python, Bash, Linux.
- Understanding of servers and storage devices from a test networking architecture perspective (CPU, Memory and Computing Architecture)
- You will have excellent capability in setting up test environments and will thrive in a new environment, where you can really put your stamp on the setting of standards and implementation of new processes
This client offers an outstanding career opportunity for you to lead and put your stamp on a brand new environment, with amazing career opportunities to build out the function and team in the future. This organisation also offers outstanding global career opportunities.
Salary: €60,000-€80,000 plus strong benefits package
To discover more about this opportunity, apply below or contact Dervila Corver at HRM on +35316321864 for a confidential discussion
Salary: €60000 - €80000
Location: Dublin North