This privately owned fresh food company is the largest single-site producer of beef and lamb in Ireland. Their fully integrated site is equipped with modern facilities and equipment as well as new plans to invest in further automation within production. This focus on the future ensures the business remains commercially competitive and proactive in expanding their target markets abroad. With customers based across Ireland, the UK, Europe, North America, Canada and Australasia this expanding and forward-thinking company have designed a new position to continue to improve engineering and lean initiatives on-site.
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will work within a team of up to 12 staff within maintenance and engineering.
- You will focus on the delivery of key engineering projects that require immediate attention – these vary from preventative maintenance to scheduled maintenance activities, site refurbishment, new equipment introduction and systems upgrades (process and automation).
- Support engineering operations to ensure key deliverables are achieved across the site through effective documentation in line with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all maintenance scheduling for the site to reduce down-time and support the efficient and effective delivery of production operations, keeping key documentation filed and recorded systematically.
- Analyse current equipment and identify potential upgrades; justifying where required return on spend to improve the overall optimisation of the plant.
- Take ownership over projects to improve productivity and streamline manufacturing operations as required.
- Work closely with stakeholders to advise on best practice around plant optimisation and engineering deliverables.
- All applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in an engineering discipline – manufacturing, mechanical or electrical.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working on a manufacturing site.
- Exposure to preventative maintenance planning, project co-ordination and supporting equipment projects.
- Demonstrate when you have supported process improvement projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others at management level within the business.
Salary: €35000 - €40000