Management and Financial Accountant
Our client, a highly reputable public body who were established to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of patients and the public across Ireland, are seeking a qualified Accountant (Finance Officer) to join their organisation on an initial 6 month contract. The culture is one of fairness and integrity and the role would suit someone who is looking to build a strong stable career in a very open and friendly environment.
This Management and Financial Accountant (Finance Officer) role will be sitting in the head office, based in Dublin City Centre, and reports to the Head of Finance. The role is highly varied and would be responsible for a number of areas related to the effective functioning of their business including being responsible for financial and management accounting, budgeting, cashflow management, tax, supporting the audit process and other project related work.
This varied role will have considerable interaction with management and stakeholders on all levels and requires a strong communicator who is aligned with the value of the organisation. The position is intended to be interim position and will have potential to develop into a longer-term opportunity within the business for the right individual.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts and reporting pack and support the presentation to the Senior Management Team, Committees and Council as required
- Preparing and reporting on monthly performance against budget including analysis of variances
- Supporting the preparation of budget reviews and updates
- Preparing cashflow forecasts as required
- Managing and ensuring the smooth running of the the organisation’s monthly payroll
- Liaising with internal auditors to support the completion of the internal audit plan
- Ensuring tax compliancy at all time and ensure that tax returns are calculated, submitted and paid on time
- Continuously reviewing and updating all finance policies and procedures in line with best practice
- Supporting the roll-out and implementation of the new finance systems in line with the project plan and business plan requirements
- Co-ordinating with relevant members of the finance team to ensure timely month-end close and reconciliation of all outstanding items
- Ensuring the organisation’s financial transactions are captured and posted accurately and in a timely manner
- Managing trial balance and reconcile all balance sheet control accounts on a monthly basis
- Managing the posting of all month-end journals including accruals and prepayments
- Managing the reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Preparing and reconciling deferred income
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset Register
In order to be considered for this contract Accountant role, you will ideally be a qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA) with relevant exposure within a similar working environment. They may consider part-qualified candidates who can demonstrate skills in the required areas.
Specific requirements for the successful candidate would include:
- Proven relevant experience of financial and/or management accounting, including strong accounts preparation experience and audit file preparation
- Experience processing payroll
- Proven diligence and strong focus on attention to detail
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including financial report-writing and policy documents, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of public sector finance or relevant experience in a public sector body would be an advantage
- Advanced Excel skills and ideally working knowledge of Sage or other mainstream ERPs
- Varied and exciting long-term contract role, with the potential to become a permanent position
- Opportunity to be a part of a great organisation with a very inclusive and fair culture
- Opportunity to work autonomously and as part of a small team within a very important sector in Ireland
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Paul Lanigan at HRM on +353 1 632 1826 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €48000 - €60000
Location: Dublin City Centre