Managing Director Ireland
A global leader servicing the food and pharmaceutical sectors is seeking an experienced Managing Director to support further growth through across Ireland. The primary purpose of this role will be to grow and develop the current customer base along with driving operational excellence across all business units. This interesting role has been newly created and will offer the successful appointee to shape and grow the business across Ireland. To note this role can be based in Dublin, Cork or Waterford.
- The MD will have full P&L accountability for Ireland and will report into the Regional Director for UK and Ireland, based in the UK.
- Drive operational excellence while respecting the delicate balance between capacity and turnaround time to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Lead two General Managers and their teams to further enhance growth through smarter alignment of customer acquisition strategies.
- Attract and retain high performing talent to ensure consistency of customer experience.
- Ensure the appropriate systems, work ethics and policies are in place to guarantee a maintained level of high quality service to clients.
- Develop key performance indicators to ensure effective oversight of progress throughout the
- Engage in all levels of stakeholder management with a key ability to manage peers.
- Take the appropriate measures to ensure cross sell is part of the fabric of the region through effective communication strategies.
- Drive accountability within each site to ensure the highest level of productivity is achieved.
- Ensures all legal, health and safety requirements are adhered to across all aspects of the business.
- Improve the technical and scientific aspects of the business units by ensuring the appropriate
development and application of new techniques and business processes.
devise the annual budget and 3 year plan, reporting on any deviations to deliver agreed
upon results to shareholders.
The Appointee will:
- Be educated to Masters Level and focused on personal professional development.
Have 10-15 years’ experience in a similar role within a fast paced, high volume, low margin
- Previous P&L responsibility is essential.
- Be a high potential individual who is comfortable with autonomous work and have demonstrable experience of leading and developing successful teams.
- Be highly flexible, resilient and comfortable working at pace.
- Have significant experience in driving transformation and change and managing systems.
- Have an entrepreneurial with an innate ability to identify new opportunities.
- Have a background in similar sectors such as Logistics, Services, Facility Management and
Food Manufacturing Processing. Non-matrixed organisational structures are preferable.
- Have a depth of knowledge and skills in delivering organisational change and large scale
transformation projects using world class methodologies. Previous M&A experience is a distinct advantage.
- You will have the opportunity to drive your business as you fit. There is great scope and autonomy in this role, whilst have the support of a global organisation.
- You will have the opportunity to drive significant commercial growth, operational excellence and cultural change.
- An attractive salary is on offer including bonus, car allowance, health care, and pension along with tangible career progression.
Contact Ashling Edwards (021 451 11 91) or Joanne Lanigan (01 632 18 77) at HRM in strict confidence or apply directly online.
Salary: On Application