I am currently representing an innovative and rapidly growing Medical Devices organisation in Sligo that offers total solutions to ensure the design and manufacture of market leading products. With a world class development team this organisation is an exciting place to be due to expansion on-going and new projects in the pipeline at their Sligo site.
My client in Sligo with a global presence has a need for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. You will report into the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will hit the ground running and become a key member of the Engineering team. In this role, you will be predominantly working to optimise manufacturing processes, drive innovation and cost effectiveness across a broad spectrum of projects, and support the integration of new developments and technologies.
- Support Project teams to ensure effective execution of project/product implementation.
- Maintain close collaboration with the Engineering Group when identifying and implementing improvement opportunities and when new equipment is being introduced for new & existing processes.
- Support the Installation Qualification of new equipment.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and process optimization throughout all manufacturing areas, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to reduce costs.
- Assist with identification of improvement initiatives throughout the business, and provide leadership for associated projects.
To become the successful candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer role, you will have:
- 3rd level Engineering Degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the mechanical functionality of equipment, as well as electro-pneumatic principles.
- Experience in designing Jigs, Fixtures, Tooling.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 / ISO 13485 beneficial.
To learn more, apply online or contact Caroline Geraghty at HRM directly on +353 91 782114 for a confidential chat.
Salary: On Application