A new role for an Engineering & Manufacturing Manager has become available with a leading diagnostics manufacturer based in North Dublin. This role will lead a new team responsible for the introduction of an innovative product to the site. With an established name in the health care sector for quality, this brand is trusted across the world to deliver diagnostic solutions to the market. This is a challenging position with remit across the engineering and manufacturing operations on-site.
The culture within this organisation demands applicants to be both ambitious and energetic with a genuine curiosity and a creative approach to problem-solving. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced manager who enjoys the challenge of working with technical teams and complex products. This site is unique within the global network and manufactures products for customers across the world which include public and private hospitals, healthcare facilities and clinics.
As a key member of the site operations team, you will work with key stakeholders across engineering and production processes to establish an efficient process.
- Report into a Head of Engineering you will be responsible for growing the production department up to approximately six team leads and a number of technical operators
- Overall ownership for setting up the new line and identifying efficiencies to improve the flow of product once up and running
- Working on modifications to the manufacturing process to ensure lean initiatives are implemented and delivered on by the team
- Responsible for the support of all technical processes impacting product availability within the portfolio
- Responsible for input into design changes and process change verification’s in order to meet optimum regulatory standards
- Lead and empower less experienced team members to embrace self-directed development and up-skilling to sure the site objectives and targets are achieved
- Review design and process modifications or improvements as required
- You will have a 3rd level Degree (level 8) in a technical discipline – Manufacturing, Engineering, Mechanical
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment with a focus on technically challenging processes and highly-complex
- Core understanding of Solidworks, test protocols, documentation & C/C++ programming a distinct advantage
- Lean six-sigma certification is highly desirable
- Be resilient with a hands-on approach to leadership and management
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver on process improvement projects as part of a team
- The successful candidate will be communicative, organised and articulate
- Salary €65,000 – €75,000
- Annual performance bonus
- Full family healthcare plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Education assistance
- Subsidised canteen
- Fully-equipped gym on-site
- Sports and social club
To discover more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Aisling Clements at HRM on +353 1 632 1883 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: €75000 - €80000
Location: Dublin North