Mechanical Design Engineer
An innovative pharmaceutical and device manufacturer based in North Dublin are looking to hire an experienced Senior Design Engineer, with a mechanical background, to join their new R&D function operating from their global HQ. The business has recently acquired a number of products and is thus expanding at an unprecedented rate. This is an exciting time to join the team.
You will have the opportunity to drive design projects across both new and purely innovative design and lifecycle management of the existing portfolio of drug delivery and medical devices.
- Reporting into the Head of Design you will work closely with a team of multi-disciplinary engineers – mechanical, software and electrical
- You will generate and develop innovative product designs taking ownership over the full development life-cycle
- Manage design projects through the full design cycle from Concept to commercial delivery which will encompass – risk management, prototype testing, design review and validation activities
- Research and explore new and innovative materials to resolve design challenges
- Support less experienced team members sharing technical knowledge and expertise
- Applicants must have a 3rd level Degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience is required within a mechanical design position in the medical device sector
- Excellent communication skills required to work with cross-functional teams
- Highly motivated individual who is self-managing and has a passion for invention
- Working knowledge of Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, CAD-3D OR Inventor is a minimum expectation with proven ability to manage a project through the full design life-cycle
To learn more about this role please contact Aisling Clements at HRM 00353 1632188
Salary: €60000 - €70000
Location: Dublin North